If you’re trying to write your own articles for article marketing, there are a lot of things to know. You need to understand basic spelling and grammar skills, SEO and keywords, how to create great headlines and so much more. This can be a lot to take in, especially if you’re new at article writing.
One of the most difficult problems new article writers face is time management. It can be difficult to learn all of these things and still write well in a fast and efficient manner. However, there are some things you can learn and things you can do to help you manage your time and get more done when it comes to article writing and marketing.
Here are some tips for time management for article marketing:
- Create a “game plan” for how many articles you want to complete in a particular period of time
- Be sure the goals you set are realistic and attainable
- Set forth a step-by-step guide for reaching these goals
- Discover where you are wasting time- time yourself writing each article or log what you do during your writing sessions. Many people find they are surfing the Internet, posting on Twitter, browsing Flickr and other activities instead of actually writing
- Prioritize to reach your goals- If you don’t seem to have enough time in your day for everything, it may be that you need to let go of some things that are not as important
- Learn to time yourself on writing tasks- then stick to it. If you go over your time limit for one thing, skip it and move on to the next thing. You can come back to it later when you have time. If not, you will be behind on everything and it’s impossible to “make up” the lost time.
- Stay organized so your writing system goes as planned
- Always write something during your allotted time for writing- even if it’s just free-writing to loosen up the brain
Now with these tips on time management for article marketing, your article writing and posting does not have to seem like such a difficult or daunting task. You can use these tips each and every time you write articles and also incorporate them into other parts of your life as well.
Happy article writing!
About the Author:
Lisa Mason is a freelance writer with a specialty in Internet content and SEO articles and the author of How to Earn a Living Writing for the Internet as well as two poetry anthologies and a how-to poetry book. She has written thousands of articles, hundreds of eBooks and thousands of website pages and related content in her 10+ years as a professional writer.